Methylated Spirits (Meths)
DANGER GOODS: NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE ORDER & SHIPPING.DUE TO THE EXPENSE OF SHIPPING THESE FLARES WE SUGGEST YOU CONTACT SHOP TO REDUCE THIS COST.
METHYLATED SPIRITS (METHS) COMMON USES
- Cleans surfaces & floors, sterilising medical and dental instruments and domestic cleaning.
- Glass cleaner - Dilute 1 part Meths with 5 parts water.
- Cleaning wooden floors - Dilute 1/2 cup of Meths with 8 litres of warm water.
- Removes vivid/ink from some painted surfaces.
- Clean burning BBQ starter fuel and fuel for some camping equipment.
- Used in the manufacture of many ethanol cleaning products and cleaning compounds.
- Methylated Spirits is not a “potable” spirit as it includes a denaturant.
- Ethanol MS95WP should be used for similar applications, where an uncoloured, industrial grade alcohol is required.
- Use SDA AMS MS99WP in applications where the presence of water is undesirable.
- Isoproplyl Alcohol can be used when Methylated Spirits is too harsh on plastics and paints. As Methylated Spirits is a primary Alcohol and Isopropyl Alcohol is a secondary Alcohol.
- If you would like to buy Clear Methylated Spirits this is also known as M95WP, see products page under the alcohol category.