TURPENTINE 1 LT
DANGER GOODS: NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE ORDER & SHIPPING.DUE TO THE EXPENSE OF SHIPPING THESE FLARES WE SUGGEST YOU CONTACT SHOP TO REDUCE THIS COST.
TURPS - Widely used multi-purpose solvent for thinning oil based paint, cleaning brushes and paint spills. Removes oils, tar and grease from metal and some plastic surfaces.
- COMMON NAME(S):Turps, White Spirit, HAWS, High Aromatic White Spirits, Petropine, Turpentine substitute,
- UN NUMBER:1300
MINERAL TURPENTINE (TURPS) COMMON USES
- Paint and Resin Manufacture: Used as paint thinner of oil based paint. A component in thinner formulations for both paint and varnish coatings and is also used extensively by painters “on the job” where solvent based coatings are being applied.
- Widely used in the manufacture of alkyd resin based coatings particularly in industrial and exterior finishes due to high odour.
- Industrial Cleaning: Mineral Turpentine is used in many industrial operations as a general cleaning solvent. It will readily remove oil and greases from metal surfaces.
- Household cleaning and domestic herbicide capable of killing almost all unwanted growth.
- Solvent carrier in the manufacture of shoe and furniture polishes, liniments and ink.
- A rubber solvent and reclaiming agent.
- Used in the synthesis of camphor and menthol.